Productivity and its consequential benefits are the base for the correct functioning of any company. Because of it, counting on qualified and motivated professionals is key. Contributing to the creation of an optimal work climate is one of the most efficient ways to retain talent in your company and seizing the capacities of each member of the team.
The keys to create a good work environment
- Provide an adequate work space. The place where the employees perform must be well prepared and equiped for the necessities and objectives of everybody. Having actualized an correctly functioning equipment (and handing it out to those remote working), making sure there is enough space between workers for them to be comfortable and safe, decorating the office with nice colors or, if possible, letting natural light illuminate the workspace are just a few recommendations to guarantee the satisfaction of the employees.
- Promoting an active communication. Between the employees themselves and also with their superiors. An open, sincere dialogue can produce an increase in the self esteem of the members of a team. Besides, exchanging ideas and suggestions has as a consequence a mental opening that contributes towards a bigger perspective when solving conflicts and challenges.
- Potentiating the team’s stimulation. Making the integrants of a company feel important is also key. That is why managers should never forget to thank positive actions and behaviors, to offer training possibilities or to involve workers in important decisions.
- Simplifying personal and professional conciliation. It’s beneficial for everyone to have in mind the personal and professional needs of the employees. Thus, offering a certain time flexibility and valuing productivity more than mere presence will make the workers happier and they’ll feel more respected and understood.
- Developing a Social Corporate Responsibility area. Carrying out positive actions for society and the environment also contributes to a better work climate. For this reason, collaborating with NGOs or fomenting sustainability in the company are ideas that will help us.